Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization with over 60 years of experience. Our greatest assets are over 9,000 employees working in 32 countries to offer investment solutions in more than 150 countries. Our mission is to be the premier global investment management organization. We achieve this mission by offering high quality investment solutions, providing outstanding service and attracting, motivating and retaining talented people. We are guided by our unique perspective and core values: putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We offer an exceptional range of diverse career options and we strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
The following opportunity is available in our Luxembourg office:
SENIOR FUND TAX CONSULTANT M/F
The Global Fund Tax Department of Franklin Templeton is responsible for managing the tax compliance and planning for all Franklin Templeton funds and products globally. The department consists of teams located in the US, Canada, Australia and different European locations. For our Tax Team in Luxembourg, we are recruiting a Senior Fund Tax Consultant.
The Senior Fund Tax Consultant will primarily be involved in providing tax support to the funds domiciled in Luxembourg. This includes assisting with the Department’s review of fund tax compliance and tax reporting requirements. The Senior Fund Tax Consultant is required to work closely with staff in other business units (e.g. Fund Accounting, Reporting, Investment Operations, etc.) to ensure departmental commitments and deadlines are met.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with ensuring that tax compliance requirements for the European funds are met and that all tax-related tasks are performed in accordance with the laws
- Participate in the compilation and delivery of client tax reporting and assist with client relationship management with regards to the tax reporting
- Involvement in tax technical projects
- Apply, review and update tax function procedures
- Develop and maintain relationships with external tax advisors
- Assist with identifying tax law changes impacting our funds and with defining business requirements resulting from changes in tax laws
- Perform research on tax matters
- Respond to queries raised by the tax authorities or internal departments
Requirements and Expectations:
- A university degree in law, accounting, taxation or in a related field (e.g. Business Administration, Economics) with a substantial concentration in tax
- A minimum of 3 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or in an in-house tax position within the fund industry, with exposure to European investment taxation, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax Reclaims, and Luxembourg Tax d’ Abonnement
- Recognized local Tax, Legal and/or Accountancy qualification would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, fluent in French or German (written and spoken), any other European language would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- Strongly motivated regarding self-development
- Demonstrates initiative, good organizational skills
We thrive in a dynamic culture and offer an opportunity for you to maximize your potential and we are committed to offering a competitive compensation package as well as exceptional benefits program.